Outrigger House is located in the sought after southern precinct of Vincentia – only a short walk or drive five different beaches on Jervis Bay, You can also walk through to Hyam’s Beach in 20 minutes, along a stunning stretch of coastline. You should never need to get into the car…but if you do, the heart of Vincentia, with a Coles supermarket and many specialty shops is only 5 minutes away.
Outrigger House is a two storey home, configured as follows:
Upstairs: this level has two bedrooms (one with queen and a view of the water as you have you coffee in bed, and a single over double bed bunk), combined living and dining area, kitchen, and a great decks that overlook Jervis Bay at the front and amazing native gardens at the back. There is also a bathroom with shower and bath. A split system air conditioner in the living room keeps this level very cool in summer, or cozy in the winter months. We rarely use the air conditioner in summer as the air flow through the house always picks up the cooling ocean breezes. The kitchen and BBQ run off gas, and there is both a kitchen fridge and bard fridge available. Consumables such as tea and coffee, as well shampoo, conditioner and toilet paper are provided as a part of your package.
Downstairs: has two additional bedrooms one with another queen and one with a single bed, a bathroom with shower, laundry, and a front deck with secure storage for canoes or outriggers (BYO lockable straps).
Outdoors: Outrigger House has an outdoor shower for a quick rinse after a trip to the beach. The front balcony looks over Jervis Bay and is perfect for early morning coffee or cool afternoon drinks. There is comfy outdoor furniture and a bird feeder which welcome daily visits from rosellas, lorikeets and king parrots. The house has beautiful native gardens and banksia’s which are home to our resident honeyeaters and kookaburras. The rear deck has a large gas BBQ and dinner table to sit the whole family. We do get mozzies but there are citronella candles and tiki torches to keep them at bay. Check the pantry and there is also AeroGard if you need it.
Other Handy Info
- TV and Music: there is a flat screen TV with sound bar, NETFLIX and a DVD player in the lounge. There is a DVD library and you can Bluetooth with the sound bar and stream your own music. If you would like some music on the back deck, there is a Bluetooth outdoor speaker in the pantry.
- Linen – we will supply all linen, doonas, bathroom towels, bath mats and tea towels for your visit. We do not supply beach towels but if you throw yours over the back balcony railing, they should dry each afternoon ready for the next day’s adventure. There is no daily housekeeping service.
- Parking – There is off street for 2 cars. Additional parking is available on the street. The driveway is fairly steep but safe.
- Smoking: There is no smoking permitted in the house. If you are a smoker we ask that you dispose of your butts in the garbage and not throw them in the gardens.
- Security: While this is a safe neighbourhood, we recommend that you still lock the doors and use the lock-box to store the house keys when going out.
- Accidents: We understand that accidents and spills will happen from time to time. If there is any breakage, spills, stains etc., please let us know via the app ASAP afterwards. Any significant damage will result in additional charges and/or charges against the security deposit.